A Giant Malaysian Shield Praying Mantis is pictured in Igor Siwanowicz’s studio in Munich, Germany. Biochemist and photographer Igor Siwanowicz has spent the last seven years carefully acquiring, breeding and capturing bizarre and visually stunning images of creepy crawlies.
This site is my new best friend. I’ve slept like a rock the past few nights since I discovered it. Downside: I might be creating a dependence.
Symptoms of inner peace:
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging other people.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of other.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of the ability to worry.
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
I was gonna get a candy bar; the button I was supposed to push was HH, so I went to the side, I found the H button, I pushed it twice. Fuckin’…potato chips came out man, ‘cause they had a HH button, for Christ’s sakes! You need to let me know. I’m not familiar with the concept of HH. I did not learn my AA-BB-CC’s. God god dammit dammit!
|—||Happy Birthday, Mitch Hedberg!|
Picture: JONATHAN HARTLEY / KNS